“WORK TOGETHER, WIN TOGETHER”
FWEAN AS AN ORGANISATION
Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs’ Associations of Nepal (FWEAN) is an apex body of Women Entrepreneurs’ Associations in Nepal (WEAN). It was established in July 11, 2003 with a vision to contribute to nation building through socio-economic empowerment of Nepalese women.
FWEAN works in 4 thematic areas namely:
1. Advocate on issues related to women’s economic empowerment
2. Enhance capacity of women entrepreneurs
3. Support businesses of women entrepreneurs
4. Increase outreach of FWEAN
This expo’s slogan “Work Together, Win Together” illustrates and calls for the common effort of all women from South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries to work towards their socio-economic empowerment.
PROJECT GOAL AND PURPOSE
The Expo is an opportunity to bring together Nepalese women entrepreneurs in a common platform and showcase their current strength and success to the government and potential buyers; giving them the potential to expand and formalize their business; the opportunity to network with international women entrepreneurs from SAARC countries, and the platform to exchange knowledge about international markets, whilst developing new ideas and partnerships.
• Platform for women to showcase their goods and services
• Networking of national and international women stakeholders
• Wide information of women entrepreneurs data of Nepal
• Increase FWEAN membership and exposure
FWEAN has been organizing exhibitions at national level for the last 3 years to promote and enhance women entrepreneurs’ businesses. Last year, FWEAN successfully organized the 1st International Women’s Trade Expo, receiving positive feedback and encouragement from all stakeholders and visitors. Building on the success of the 2016 expo, FWEAN will exhibit and continue this work by hosting the 2ndInternational Women’s Trade Expo 2017, Nepal in Kathmandu; celebrating International Women’s Day (IWD), with the support of TEPC, ILO, CECI - Uniterra and various other sponsors have been instrumental in organizing this expo.
Our members comprise of entrepreneurs from different spheres of business within the country and export to various parts of the world:
• Handicrafts: felt, candle, soap, clay crafts, carpet, garment, incense, etc.
• Agribusiness: floriculture, honey, pickles, spices, tea and coffee, food processing, organic farming, juice, natural fibre, cotton, cardamom, etc.
• Services sector: hotel, restaurant, travel agencies, fashion and design, educational institutions, information technology sector, health spa, beauty salon, etc.
• Trade: electrical goods, IT related products, fashion clothes, interior design, furniture, jewellery, etc.
• And Media
Federation of Woman Entrepreneurs’ Associations of Nepal (FWEAN)
Ramshah Path, Putalisadak, Kathmandu
Phone: +977 1 2003080, 4222340, 4239942